Sunday, November 16, 2008

Odds and Ends

Hello my faithful readers! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted...I wish I could say I've been so busy doing homework that I've haven't had a spare second to post, but that's blatantly not true. It is starting to back up on me, though...I should get on that whole falling-behind-in-my-classes thing. Meh.

On the subject of class, though, for those who have any fleeting interest, I got assigned a really cool paper topic for one of my course term papers (well, ok, I picked the topic myself, but still). I'm writing a paper on the use of allegory in the early Middle Ages as it applies to Biblical interpretation, specifically the medieval readings of the Song of Solomon (clearly not an allegorical text, though universally read as one) and Revelations (clearly an allegorical example of Jewish Apocolyptic literature, but read as a literal prophecy that would come true eventually). Should be awesome. I realize that most normal people would find that topic deathly boring and dull, but what can I say...I never claimed to be normal.

On another note, I am having a little bit of a personal crisis (again). All of you know that it took me forever to decide between going into choreography and being an academic, and it was a very difficult choice to make. I never regretted it for a second, until a couple of weeks ago. I was asked to help choreograph the partner work for the production of West Side Story that I'm doing right now, which is all good fun. The thing that sets my life into a turmoil of confusion once again is that the first tought I had when I started doing them was, "Thank God, I feel like me again!"

Hmm...

No comments: