Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another Opening, Another Show

West Side closed last night. It flew by so fast. I really wish we had been able to perform for 2 weekends; shows always seem to reach their peak the last 2 performances, and it always sucks to have to close them right when they're just getting good. And it's not even just the performances that get better; socially, you always get closer to your castmates as the show goes into production, simply because you spend every waking minute together for that last week before opening. I'm so grateful for the amazing friends I've made just in the last few weeks-you guys rock.

The obligatory drunk-and-debauchery cast party was last night; I myself wasn't the guzzling alchoholic that I had intended to be as someone managed to snake half my bottle of wine from under my nose (a maneuver which I begrudgingly admit was very impressive). However, that was probably a good thing. No one ever makes good decisions when they've had that much to drink. I was buzzed, yet sober enough to still have a great time. Perfect place to be. I wish that party could have gone on forever, except for the part where my feet felt like they were about to fall off.

On a completely different note, I went crazy and bought a ton of Christmas decorations for my room yesterday. I don't care that my room is pretty much the size of a gym locker; it will look like it threw up Christmas. Awesome.

Oh! Life plan! So I'm thinking-move back to the US when I've finished my MA (though I REALLY love London), teach community college, and work as a choreographer in my spare time. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I agree with the community college teaching/spare time choreographing, but you should totally do those things in England :OP

~MB~

Anonymous said...

ummm.... what happened to living in the library/ museum for the rest of your life?

I would love for you to live in the US but my yet-to-be conceived children may think other wise.